Emergency & Disaster Preparedness – Qatar
Project Manager – Emergency & Disaster Preparedness – Qatar
PLEASE NOTE: THIS JOB IS UNDER OFFER
The end client is the public provider of primary care services in Qatar, operating 31 primary health centres across Qatar and providing services focused on disease prevention, healthy lifestyles and wellness.
The core focus of the role is to coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities, provide disaster preparedness training, and prepare emergency plans and procedures for natural, wartime, nuclear or hazardous materials spills disasters, hostage situations or pandemic outbreak.
The Project Manager will possess demonstrable experience in developing and implementing emergency and disaster plans across large scale multi-site organisations, and will support the client in handling any such situations.
Project Manager – Emergency & Disaster Preparedness
- Work closely with the Executive Director of Emergency Disaster Preparedness, collaborating with relevant authorities to prepare and analyse damage assessments following disasters or emergencies.
- Conduct surveys to determine the types of emergency-related needs for disaster Preparedness; or provide technical support to others conducting such surveys.
- Consult with officials of local and area governments, schools, hospitals, and other institutions to determine their needs and capabilities in the event of a natural disaster or other emergency.
- Coordinate disaster response or crisis management activities such as ordering evacuations, opening public shelters, and implementing special needs plans and programs.
- Design and administer emergency/disaster preparedness training courses for employees on how to effectively respond to major emergencies and disasters.
- Regularly review and update policies to ensure the guidelines are up to date.
- Develop and perform tests and evaluations of emergency management plans in accordance with statutory regulations.
- Prepare plans that outline operating procedures to be used in response to disasters/emergencies such as hurricanes, nuclear accidents, and terrorist attacks, and in recovery from these events.
- Propose alteration of emergency response procedures based on regulatory changes, technological changes, or knowledge gained from outcomes of previous emergency situations.
Education and experience
- Education: Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in health care related subject. Master’s degree desirable
- Experience: 4 years’ experience, preferably with public health emergencies
- Certifications : Certification in Incident command; Diploma in health emergency Preparedness,
emergency Preparedness, Public Health, or Safety Management or equivalent
- Technology Skills: Proven Expertise in Management and Collaboration Systems
- Demonstrated experience in setting up, managing, and optimizing workflows, as well as facilitating team collaboration and project coordination across tools such as Microsoft SharePoint and Teams
- Candidates must possess a strong background in implementing and leveraging workflow systems to streamline project management processes, including the ability to integrate various systems to enhance team productivity and project visibility.
****Please note, this role requires the successful candidate to relocate to Qatar****