Research Consultant Clinical Affairs – Primary Healthcare
About The Role
Research Consultant Clinical Affairs
Tax Free Salary – Commensurate with experience
Research Consultant Clinical Affairs -The end client is the largest public provider of primary health care, with 29 health centers across the State of Qatar delivering a range of primary health care services focused on disease prevention, healthy lifestyles, and wellness.
The Department of Clinical Research provides high-quality research to inform corporate strategic planning, operational activities and decision making.
We are seeking a research consultant with a clinical background in evidence-based medicine, recent operational experience in, and extensive knowledge of, Primary Health Care.
The successful candidate will work alongside the Clinical Research team to identify and draw on best practice from other organizations in designing frameworks, and leading improvement programs to support the operations and local pathways that are both sustainable and centered on patients’ needs.
The consultant will understand how program/project processes are developed and will have worked on processes and service improvements involving multiple work-streams.
- Provide advice, guidance, and problem resolution to research investigators, support staff in the application of relevant research ethics laws, regulations, and guidelines.
- Coordinate or oversee the review and processing of new research applications, progress of and changes to ongoing research, and adverse events.
- Monitor the efficiency and accuracy of research investigators as part of the mandated continuing review process.
- Design, develop, implement, evaluate, and modify internal clinical research auditing programs, policies, protocols, procedures, systems, and documentation in accordance with national and organizational mandates.
- Identify educational needs of researchers based on audits and other information; designs, develops, presents, and evaluates targeted training programs and materials based on audit results and changes in legislative, statutory, and/or organizational requirement.
- Contribute to the design of, technical coordination and participation in relevant primary care research.
- Engage with stakeholders and coordinate identification of research partners for grant-funded research.
- Lead in the development of research tools, design of priority research projects and their implementation.
- Provide leadership in research data management, preparation of reports, manuscripts and other outputs.
- Coordinate the preparation of Annual Research Reports and their dissemination.
- Engage with Workforce development and training to develop a comprehensive system for the training and development of research staff.
- Ensure mechanisms are in place for monitoring, evaluation and reporting of quality standards for research.
- Act as lead for the production of regular reports on progress of research, highlighting issues and concerns and make recommendations and suggest an action plan to Director of Clinical Research.
- Regularly engage with clinicians and frontline staff to promote organization’s research agenda.
Skills and Experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a clinical stream. Masters Degree in Public Health, Health Research, or relevant stream. PhD in a health care related stream
Certifications: Certification in Healthcare Management or statistical software applications
Experience: 7 years research experience in a university or healthcare setting
- Thorough knowledge of health-related research.
- Expertise in clinical research to deliver high standard, evidence based, clinically safe, health services.
- Experience in Teaching health research methodology.
- Understanding of research ethics and processes.
- Development of health strategies, policies, guidelines etc.
- Experience using multiple technical applications including word processing, database management, spreadsheets, graphics and presentation software, electronic calendar, email, and other technical applications preferred (required).
Language Skills: English – Essential. Arabic- Preferred.
Computer Skills: Proficient in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, Statistical Software Packages such as SPSS
Doha – Qatar
Please APPLY NOW or email email@example.com with a copy of your CV and cover letter outlining why a move to Qatar appeals.