Senior Group Accountant
About The Role
£350/pd Inside – £350/pd inside
• Support the completion of the local statutory accounts, ensuring they are filed on time and they can be reconciled to the group consolidation system.
• Support the completion of three sets of consolidated financial statements, ensuring they can be reconciled to the group consolidation system, are of high-quality, and are completed in time for our stakeholders.
• Support the group audit process, working with the external audit team, provided them with high quality information and ensuring the audit is completed on time.
• Support the review of new IFRS requirements and/or regulatory issues and recommend how the business should prepare to meet them.
• Provide best in class technical accounting advice to the business through written technical accounting papers.
• Support the identification and mitigation of accounting risks across the Group
• Support ad hoc analysis as required by the Global teams, including the Exec, Treasury, Tax, FP&A, IT, Legal, and HR.
Finance team development
• Be an active part of the Group Finance team, support the development of a professional, high performing function.
• Coach and develop junior financial accounting and reporting team members
Knowledge and Skills:
Our client has been at the forefront of global mobile satellite communications for forty years, and is the market leading provider of voice and high-speed data communications for users on land, at sea and in the air through its constellation of 14 geostationary satellites.
Professional accounting qualification (ACA or overseas equivalent)